Saturday, February 25, 2023

Life from the Fort : The Next Chapter

10 years.  An entire chapter of my life has gone by in what feels like a blink of any eye.  It would be nearly impossible to catch you all up in one "I'm back post".  After all, it has been 10  years!  So, I'm going to start current and interweave experiences from the past ten years as they fit, either for context, reflection or simply to record the memory.

In short summary, I celebrated my 10 year work anniversary on August 1st.  It was also on that day that I officially resigned.  Fast forward to present (6 months later), I am back at my old company and could not be happier with that decision!  And that is a long story for another post, or twelve!

My babies are no longer babies.  Grace is 22, working full time and living in Cape Girardeau, MO with her long time boyfriend, J.

Alex is 18, playing college volleyball in Grand Rapids, MI and living his best life.

Eva is 16, a junior in high school, excelling academically and is absolutely gorgeous.

Layla is 12, in 6th grade (middle school), and really gaining confidence in her own funny and observant self.

My family is doing well.  All of my siblings are married (except me...divorced since 2014), and have kids.  Total grandkids is now up to 15.  My niece, Ruth, celebrated her 13th birthday this year.  She has reshaped the hearts of my family.

We've gone on a lot of vacations, traveled to a lot of places, played a lot of sports, took on a lot of activities and found a lot of joy in everyday moments.  

We grieved losses, overcame challenges, suffered through health issues, lived through a pandemic and are still learning to love and care for ourselves and others.

God is the center of our lives, or at least that is what we strive for.  But, a lot of days, this world can consume us and we become distant to our loving Father.  I can feel him calling me to strengthen my relationship with Him, and in turn, also calling me to come back to writing here.

As a family and individually, and even when it feels like we don't know what we are doing, we continue to do great things!

With that quick summary, let's start next chapter.  Welcome (back) to Life from the Fort.  

Thank you for following my story!

XOXO - Renee

0 comments: