Sunday, February 26, 2023

Goodbye Sunday Scaries, Hello Sunday Success

Oh, Sundays. When executed properly, this is one of my most favorite days of the week. When I am able to relax, yet also be productive in preparation of the next week, Sundays are glorious. And there’s no better way to start a positive Sunday than going to Church.

This morning, I was awoke around 7am, but didn’t actually get out of bed until a little after 8. Once the coffee was brewing and the dishes from last night were cleaned up, I started to get myself ready for church. The girls were with their dad this weekend, so I had just a little time to myself. Eva rolled in close to 9 and my poor Layla wasn’t feeling well enough to go to church. She did throw up several times on Saturday and was feeling pretty light headed, so I gave her the pass. Although, in hindsight, I’m sure she was using that as her angle to get out of going to church. Eva was headed off to work, so it was one of those rare Sundays that I would go to Mass by myself. That really was okay with me. With it being the first Sunday of Lent, I could use the ability to focus and be fully present in the moment.

After Church, I made myself a little brunch consisting of a veggie omelet muffin that I had meal prepped on Saturday. Along with a mimosa, because no brunch is complete without. Now, this mimosa was a mix of Chardonnay and Sunny D, because that is what I had, but it did the trick. With my brunch served up, I settled in to pay my bills and balance my budget. With those tasks on hand, who wouldn’t need a drink!

Once my finances were in order, at least for the next week, I headed out to pick up groceries. In the past years, I’ve discovered that I loathe grocery shopping. The actual, physical part of going to a grocery store, selecting items, checking out, loading and unloading, does not bring me joy. Instead, sitting on my couch on a Saturday afternoon and selecting my groceries online and driving out to the far suburbs on Sunday to pick them up does in fact bring me joy!

So, I made my self comfortable in my car with the heated seats, Spotify and an afternoon beverage, and enjoyed the drive. My groceries were kindly loaded into my car and I never even had to leave the driver’s seat.

Since I was out and about, I figured crossing a few other items off my list would be a good idea, and save future me some time and stress. I made a quick Target run to buy my nephew Jacob a birthday gift, pick up a few office “essentials” (or so I’m telling myself) and grab dog food for my sweet Addy Mae. Hoping to maybe get a little Starbucks pick me up, I was disappointed when I realized this Target didn’t have a Starbies. My bank account, however, was not.

Upon getting home, I promptly unloaded my purchases and all the groceries. By now, I was starting to get hungry so I reheated a prime rib sandwich and gave myself a few minutes to sit down and eat. Post sandwich, I decided to take care of myself a little longer and enjoyed a short 20 minute nap. 

Once nourished and rested, my next task was to update the calendar for next month and plan out our meals. Breaking out the wet erase markers and Rocketbook pens, I got a little artistic release via planning.

This evening, I prepped lunches, cleaned up my office and took a much needed shower. I feel organized and prepared to enjoy next week. 

Tonight, I have a little journaling to do once I climb into bed, which it is just about that time.

It’s been a long time since a Sunday has felt so nice! And for that, I am grateful.

XOXO



0 comments: