Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Week 30

The baby must have heard me a few weeks ago when I said she was measuring on the small side.  And not wanting to disappoint her momma or be any different than her sisters and brother, she went and grew a whole bunch in a few short days.  I am officially wearing maternity clothes now.  I also seem to be attracting attention at the kids' school and sporting events when people I've seen on a semi-regular basis now stop and say, "I didn't know you are pregnant." 

The past two weeks have been uneventful.  I've had some sciatic nerve issues...more annoying than painful.  Contractions have started but they are the ones that don't mean anything which is good because it is way too early. I'm not ready.

I've taken comfort in this new found laziness I've acquired.  Between sitting on the couch and sitting in the car, sitting has become my go to activity.  I lack the energy to do much else.

Yesterday (while sitting on the couch) I sorted through the newborn and 0-3 months clothes that my sisters and I have accumulated throughout the years.  This baby will never have to wear the same thing twice. In fact, we can play dress up about four times a day for the first three months and never repeat an outfit.


In case you didn't realize, every newborn needs approximately 8 pairs of shoes.


While the boy was off getting a hair cut yesterday afternoon, the girls ogled over the tininess of the clothing.  They enjoyed seeing some of the little dresses they wore when they were that little.  Grace kept putting the shoes on her big toe saying it was impossible for her to ever be that small.  Looking at her now, I'd almost have to agree.  She was the littlest of them all for awhile.  I still do not know how she grew up so fast.

Because I'm a bit neurotic and convinced that this baby really did become huge overnight, I searched through the tool box in the basement and found a tape measure this morning.  After a slight panic attack when I realized I had to convert inches to centimeters followed by a quick google search to see exactly how to do the conversion, I'm measuring exactly 30 at 30 weeks.  Guess the due date is back on track.

For your viewing pleasure...headless baby belly picture.  This way you can see the growing baby bump and not be distracted by my pretty face.


2 comments:

Mr. Mcgranor said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Congratulation to you and yours.

Unknown said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Cute bump! I love that your daughter already has jelly shoes. Definitely a summer necessity.