Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Reasons to Celebrate

1.  Today started out much better.  It must have been a 24 hour bug of some sort that had me down for the count yesterday.  By mid-afternoon, fever, chills and body aches stomped away all the will power I had to accomplish my to do list.  By this morning, I felt like a completely different person.

2. The fifth graders competed in the Dancing Classrooms semi-finals this morning. Dressed in gowns and suits, they shook their buttons all the way to a silver medal.  Afterwards, we went to Fitz's for burgers and Root Beer.  I don't even like Root Beer, but, today, it was delicious.

3.  Eight years ago today, Chris and I stood on an alter in front of our families and friends and committed our lives to each other.  So young and nieve at that time, I would have never expected the journey our lives have taken us on. 

3a. Here's where I should say some really sweet things about my husband.  I should write a love letter or tell a romantic story about our lives together.  I should say how I couldn't live without him.

3b. But, that's not how we are.

3c. When I think about my life fifty years from now, I know he'll be by my side.  I picture us in our rocking chairs on the front porch sipping sweet tea laughing over memories. 

3d. No matter what has happened or what will happen, in the end, it will still be us.  Side by side.

4.  GLEE!

2 comments:

Liz Mays said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I loved hearing about the dance competition and rootbeer reward! And I think you're going to get your 50 years from now happy memories!

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Happy anniversary! My life has turned out completely different than I expected too. For the best, I think. :) Glad you are felling better.