Wednesday, March 23, 2011

26 Weeks

Things are moving right along in the baby world.  I printed off a newbaby checklist yesterday to rid myself of the stress of omgwedon'thaveanythingforthisbaby!  We still don't have anything for the baby, but I've got a plan.  I went through the checklist with my sister and it seems that she has most of the items I don't.  Besides the new bottles and pacifers and bibs and first-aid kit stuff, she has it.  Now to get it from her house to mine is the next challenge.  I bought a baby bath tub because I NEEDED to buy something and it was only a buck and a half at the thift store.

I have two tubs stuffed full of 0-6 month baby girl clothes.  I've had them sitting in the nursery for two weeks now and haven't opened them.  I just can't go through the clothes without a name. 

I ordered an adorable bedding set from Ebay and can't wait to get it this week! Bedding is my favorite baby shopping and I found a set on Saturday that just felt like this baby. 

Chris and I also decided on a name.  I'm so excited.  We've tossed around a few different ones. Some that we really liked.  Some not so much.  Some that we disagreed on.  But on Monday night, we said one that just seems right.  It seems like this baby.  It sounds like our baby.  The other names were nice, but just didn't seem like us.  This one does!  And I love it.  And the bedding theme works with it.  It all just feels right.

We still need to make a decision on the crib...fix it or get a new one. I also decided a want a chifferobe.  Since the nursery will be in a section of our loft bedroom, I need some drawers and a place to hang all of her cute little dresses.  I found one on Craigslist that I like, but I don't like the price.  Plus, I'm kind of waiting to see what we do with the crib so I can get everything in the same color.

I'm feeling great (hope that doesn't jinx that).  I definitely look pregnant now.  The UTI is under control and the heartburn is manageable. I've been getting a little light-headed and shaky from time to time.  I think my blood pressure is a little low.  I go back to the OB in a few weeks and have the gestational diabetes test.  I've never had diabetes before, so I'm pretty sure I don't now.  If anything, I'd guess my iron is low which is probably what is causing the dizziness.

Check out the soccer ball under my shirt!

0 comments: