Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Wintertime Blues

I'm feeling very pregnant today.  It had all been too easy up to this point.  I guess I had to feel pregnant at some point.  Today was that day.  My back is killing me.  And not in the achy-muscle type of way.  But from within.  Weird, right? I think she finds my right kidney a perfect punching bag.  Not only do I always feel like I have to pee but the pain is excruciating.  I was worried about another UTI, but I just finished a second round of medicine for that.  The ultrasound on Monday showed that the baby was low and towards the back, so I'm assuming that is the cause of most of this pain.  To be on the safe side, I decided I'd go ahead and cleanse my system anyway.  Today, no coffee, no tea, no soda.  Nothing but water, vitamin water, and cranberry juice.  The pain in my back seems to be less, but that could be because my head hurts so bad I can barely see straight.  I know all of this will pass, and I'm confident that this is just a spurt of feeling pregnant.  By the weekend I will be back to forgetting that I'm even pregnant (fingers crossed).

I'm still down about 3 pounds this pregnancy from my starting weight.  I'm very happy with that and my OB doesn't seem to have a problem with it either.  I've been feeling well and moving as much as possible in this ridiculously cold weather.  The baby is growing just fine, actually measuring an ounce bigger than "normal" for 21 1/2ish weeks.  So, as long as she is healthy then I can continue to not gain weight. 

We are supposed to be getting some warmer weather this weekend...maybe even 50 degrees!  I really hope we do.  I'm ready to get back out walking and ready to shake these winter blues...even if it is only for a few days. 

For now, I'm going back to the basement for my second movie of the day.  I'm hiding under my blanket and willing this achy-ness away.  Sometimes I think it is only serves a reminder to slow down and take care of myself.

0 comments: