Friday, October 01, 2010

Planes, Trains and Automobiles....with a Twist of Crabbiness

Have you ever had one of those days when you know you are crabby but just can't do anything to control it?  That is me today. When my alarm went off this morning at 5, it really didn't bother me to get up.  I went through my regular routine of making coffee and breakfast.  After taking Chris to work, I headed to the park to get a jump start on my mileage for the month.  Since the kids were off school today, I was on the trail before the sun was up.  It was beautiful and serene to be a part of the sunrise over the lake.  After arriving home, I cuddled into my chair with my pumpkin spice coffee and blanket excited to catch the morning news.  I must have been crazy to think this serenity would last with three kids in the house.  With the first words uttered by my six year old, I could feel the witch brewing deep inside.  I was fine as long as I didn't have to listen to or converse with anyone.  Realizing my time of peace was abruptly ended, I pulled myself from my chair and moved on with the day.  Making good on my promise to take the kids on a day trip, I tried hard to not be in a bad mood.  Even with this seasonal head cold, I had to do something with them or none of us will live to see the end of the day.  When the muffins were baked and lunches were packed, we headed off to the Museum of Transportation.  In a head cold fog, we looked at, climb on and road on trains, planes and automobiles. Although it wasn't the most exciting experience, it was something different....and I think the kids had an okay time.  I took a lot of pictures to capture the day.



They sure are cute. Today, though, I just want to love them from a distance!

0 comments: