Thursday, September 30, 2010

But I Would Walk 100 Miles...And I WILL Walk 100 More

At the end of August I started going to the park to walk.  I did this because it was my only "alone" time throughout the day and because I wanted to get healthier.  Over the past two years my weight has increased to number I hadn't seen since I was nine months pregnant.  I'm sure I can find many things to blame this weight gain on, but I'm over that.  I am this weight and it's not healthy...bottom line. 

After walking a few days, I realized how much better I felt both mentally and physically.  I decided that I didn't care what the scale said...I just wanted to be in better shape. Of course, I still hope to see the pounds drop.

On August 31st, I set a goal for myself to walk 100 miles in the month of September.  The first week was easy peasy.  The second...not so much.  I missed the first 3 days of the week due to illness.  I could barely get out of bed.  However, I was determined.  Even on the days I just didn't feel like it, I somehow made it out there.  Once I get started, I always feel good even when it hurts.

With  today being the last day of September, I am proud to announce that I accomplised 102 miles on a goal of 100 and lost 6 pounds!

Whoo Hoo!  I'm ready to celebrate...I think a glass of wine is calling my name!

0 comments: