Thursday, July 06, 2023

The Big Event! (OMG)

This Christmas, I surprised the Eva and Layla (and Grace, but she knew because she helped), with a girls trip for an event of a lifetime.  The stress we endured to obtain admission into this event and the anxiousness of keeping it a surprise and figuring out how to do the surprise on Christmas morning, only added to the value of this experience.  And it truly is an experience.

Because we take turns opening gifts on Christmas morning, I didn't want to make this surprise and actual gift.  I needed it to be something all of them could open at the same time.  But, I also didn't want to make it a stand alone gift just given by me.

As I was finishing up Santa's workshop on Christmas Eve, it dawned on me what to do.  Since we open stockings more casually and at the same time, I decided to add this surprise to the stockings.  Even better, we don't open stockings until after all the presents and after breakfast.  So, this made the surprise element even better.  By the time we got to the stockings, if they had any hope of getting this gift, they were no longer anticipating it.

It turned out the stocking moment was an EPIC moment.





Fast forward to this weekend, we are going to the Taylor Swift ERA's Tour!!!

The girls have been amazing in preparing for this girls trip!  They have swiped my credit card (and sometimes their's) to buy all of the fun, girly, Swiftie stuff they can find!  Eva has designed the entire room and the selection of food and drink.  My role is to buy the stuff and prep the food.  Everything else is a surprise!

Because they use my Amazon, I know of some of their "surprises", but also did my best not to look.  We have each taken an ERA and my final pieces just got here this week.  At the last minute this weekend, I also decided that I needed to put "Car Bags" together for us. Since we were traveling about four hours to Kansas City, I wanted everyone to have some snacks and drinks, plus some essentials like phone chargers.  

Tonight, I planned my outfits, packed my bags and assembled my gift bags for everyone.







Tomorrow, we are leaving at 9am.  We are stopping by Waterway (Eva's work) to get gas and then hitting up a Starbucks.  We have the ERA's tour setlist ready to play on repeat and we are...

...Ready for It   


0 comments: