Monday, January 14, 2013

She Has Arrived

Well it happened. Layla has officially entered the “Terrible Two” phase. It’s been so long since I experienced this period of child development. I really was in denial that it was going to happen. But it has nonetheless.

On Friday evening, she went into full force tantrum mode. It didn’t matter what I did, I could not please this girl! She wanted to be held. She didn’t want to be held. She wanted milk. She didn’t want milk in a cup with a lid. She wanted Cheerios. But she wanted them out of the box while running around the living room spilling them everywhere.

The rest of the weekend wasn’t much better.

Being the youngest of four, she doesn’t really talk much. Other than “mama” and “uh-oh”, we can’t make out any actual words.

I think she is feeling the frustration of not being able to communicate her wants.

I know I am.

The kids and I are working harder to help her learn more words in hopes of alleviating some of the melt downs. She babbles like she knows what she is talking about.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t make one lick of sense to us.

I know I survived the “Terrible Twos” three other times.

I am sure I will make it out of this one, too.

Although, it might require more wine this time around!

0 comments: