I planned on posting about this on Friday. You know, when I was 35 weeks. But….the baby decided to be a pain (literally) and I didn’t really move off the couch much until Sunday.
I was surprised when I went to the doctor last week and she declared that I was 35 weeks. Somehow I missed a week in there because I was certain I was 34. Math has never been my strong suit, though.
My last ultrasound was scheduled for this visit and it’s good news all around! The baby’s head is down, the placenta is up and it’s still a girl (not that I had any doubts but Alex is still really hoping for a brother)! She’s weighing in at a whopping 5lbs 4oz. Which, I thought was kind of big for having 6 weeks left but apparently is quite normal since it’s only 5 weeks. Back to this math stuff again! Jeez! BUT! The baby is healthy and that’s all that matters!
At 35 weeks is when you start taking your pants off again for the doctor. Another fact that I was not quite prepared for at this visit. The doctor did the Strep B test and an internal exam. No dilation but the cervix is softening.
The results of this check-up make me an excellent candidate for a VBAC. YAY! However, I will have to go into spontaneous labor. As we get closer to D-Day, I will be scheduling a c-section date as my plan B. I’ve never gone into labor on my own (two inductions and then a c-section) so I don’t really know what that is like.
However, after reviewing the signs and symptoms of pre-labor and comparing them to how I felt this weekend….I think I just might get my wish (fingers crossed!).
Signs of Pre-Labor
• Lightening and engagement: This baby has definitely dropped. Not only are my clothes fitting differently but the constant heart-burn has subsided.
• Increase in Braxton Hicks contractions: Longer, harder, more often. Just not consistent or painful.
• Increasing pressure in the pelvis and rectum: Also feels like menstrual cramps. Not fun.
• Changes in energy level, mood, or habits: Kind of like PMS but much, much more bitchy. I really felt bad for my family as I could not control the hormonal outrages of this weekend.
• Diarrhea and/or Nausea: Yes and yes. Again…not fun.
My next appointment isn’t until next week when I am 37 weeks. I would suspect that I have dilated some. I’d like for her to cook a little while longer. Anytime after June 9th would be fine for me. I’m not getting my hopes up, though. This baby will come when she’s darn, good and ready…whether early or late.