Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Work in Progress

We moved into our new house a little over a month ago.  And guess what?  I still haven't finished unpacking.  I was all gun-ho the first few weeks.  Obsessively cleaning every, single item we brought into the house.  Busy decorating and organizing and cleaning some more.  Then I stopped.  I lost interest.  I made a good amount of progress but life didn't stop. Sometime last week I decided I'd rather play in this unseasonable nice weather then finish moving. 

We still have a moving truck worth of stuff to move from my mother-in-laws house.  Seventy-five percent of my clothes and shoes are still there in our dresser and closet.  Eva has three pairs of boots here but no tennis shoes because I haven't gone back to get them.  We've had plenty of opportunity to.  The kids stay the night there almost every other weekend.  I keep saying we really need to get the rest of our stuff.  Yet, I've really made no attempt to do so.

Apparently, we are not in dire need of anything that is there.  Eventually, we will have to go get it.  Eventually the temperature will stay in the mids 70s or higher.  Eventually boots will not be appropriate footware.  Until then, though, we'll keep talking about it.

0 comments: