Friday, February 11, 2011

Mall Rat

With the temperature rising to the mid forties today, I needed to get out and do something today.  Just my luck, my friends were all itching to get out, too.  We decided to meet for lunch at the California Pizza Kitchen at the Galleria. 

Now, I am not a mall person.  Mainly, I've never had the excessive amount of money it takes to shop at a mall.  I am a bargain hunter.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE nice things.  I just LOVE them more if I can get them for cheap.  Over the past few years we've made huge lifestyle changes and those changes didn't allow for frivolous spending.  Thus, if I couldn't find it at Target or Old Navy, I didn't need it.

Since I had Eva with me for lunch and my God-daughter's birthday this weekend, we headed down early to do a little shopping before our lunch date.  Oh. My. God!  I did not realize how much I had been depriving this little girl. I did not realize she hadn't ever been to the mall.  And she's almost 5! 

Watching her excitement and cute little personality explode all over the designer labels was astounding!  She loved EVERYTHING mall related.  From looking over the banister from the second level to to first, to the fountains and escalators and open-view elevator.  We only went into one store...and she was okay with that.  She helped pick out a present for her cousin's 7th birthday and gushed over all of the girly-girl things in Justice.  She never once asked for anything.  It made me realize just how much I miss the girly-girl fuss of shopping and such.  I've promised myself to use some of my "raining day" money and take my girls on a little shopping spree.  We can even pick out the first outfit for the baby girl that will be joining us in June. 

As we headed back to the car after an afternoon of mall maddness, Eva sweetly suggested a trip to the mall for her birthday in March.  I think we can do just that (and maybe lunch and pedicures and a movie and so much more)!

I love this girl!

0 comments: