Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Magical House of Neil the Cat

Because of  the snow storm of the century, Alex's first grade field trip and play was rescheduled to today.  I had signed Chris up to go on this field trip with him per Alex's request but in light of recent events and a two-week delay, Chris was no longer able to go.  So, I put on my good momma hat and for-went (is that even a word?) my afternoon nap for a second day to go with his class to the Magic House.  Luckily, I also got my niece, Monica, in my group of kids to supervise as well. 

I hadn't been to the Magic House in a couple of years and man o man did they do some expanding.  The kids had boundless energy and it was spraying from their ears.  Once they climbed the beanstalk and ran through six different rooms touching everything they could in the first five minutes, I began to worry I wouldn't be able to keep up the rest of the day.  Fortunately, they ran and I stumbled into the "Bob the Builder" exhibit.  This is where they stayed for the rest of the day.  I was grateful. Plus, I got to take some really great pictures of them!





This evening the kindergarteners and first graders performed "The Little Red Hen" and I have to say it was the best play I've seen in years.  And they are all great!  And I'm not just saying that because my mom is the music director or because my son had a leading role.  It was hands down the cutest thing I've seen in all the years I've been going to grade school plays.  Alex was awesome.  But so were all of the other kids.  I can't wait to get a copy of the video because the few pictures I managed to snap with my phone just don't do it any justice.

0 comments: