Monday, February 07, 2011

Counting My Blessings

Every once in awhile a string of good things happen and you have to thank God.  I'm really not bragging here.  It might come off that way, but I assure you, that is not what is inteneded.  It's just that I got so used to things being hard.  Used to the struggle and making things work.  It really isn't that bad most of the time and I'm certainly not complaining here today either.  I guess with all this rambling what I'm trying to say is that I'm happy and full of faith.

For the past several months I had been tucking away a little extra money on a very regular basis.  It started with wanting to buy my husband something extra nice for our anniversary in April.  He works so hard.  But then we moved and decided it was time for a new TV.  But we wanted a nice TV.  And we were hosting a Super Bowl party.  We wanted that new TV now.

On Friday night, Chris's mom wanted the kids to come over for a sleep-over (Blessing #1). 

This gave us the much needed time to go shopping for the TV.  After a Mega-Store and a Best Buy trip we walked away empty handed (Blessing #2). 

Over dinner at Spiro's we rehashed our shopping experience and came to terms with what we really could afford.  We decided to be happy with what we have. 

On Saturday, Chris got an email reply to a TV he had seen on Craigslist earlier in the week.  When the kids and I got home from Grace's basketball game, the new TV with the accompaning surround sound and DVD player was set up for our viewing pleasure.  All of this (and it's really, really nice) for only half of our saved money (Blessing #3). 

While Chris was working his magic with the TV, I went to work on our taxes.  An hour later I was looking at a refund amount I had never seen in my life.  I was only expecting to get back a fraction of that amount, and I now knew how we were going to afford private school tuition for 3 kids next year (Blessing #4).

Sunday brought on the party and it was a lot of fun to hang out with some friends.  It felt good to host at our own place again.   Although the Packers won the Super Bowl, I still rejoyed in the final score.  My squares through the Knights of Columbus matched the final score. I scored 100 bucks! (Blessing #5).

Today we have the Big 20 Week Ultrasound.  I pray these blessings continue.

0 comments: