Monday, November 15, 2010

Strike-N Out

This weekend, we celebrated the end of the fall sport season.  And what better way to end the season than with two wins.  Alex scored two goals in soccer and Grace had a couple successful spikes in volleyball.  I hate to say it, but I'm kind of sad to see the season end.  I never wanted to be one of "those" moms yelling and cheering at the games, but I think I kind of am.  I really can't help how competitive I am.  Plus, they both played really, really great all season.

So, to gift the victors, we decided on steaks, pizza and bowling at this awesome little joint.  I would never expect to get an amazing porterhouse steak at a bowling ally, but this place ROCKS IT!  And, it's the first solid meal I've eaten in weeks without gagging or running to the bathroom to vomit.  So, yeah, I guess I am celebrating that too!

After dinner, we headed out to the lanes for some more competition. Of course, Chris still beat us all, but I was really proud of my score.  I hardly used the bumpers at all. 
Grace does not take losing well. Especially if it's losing to her four year old sister and her six year old brother. 

On the ride home, all piled in the work truck, we cranked up the Christmas music and gave our best off key singing impressions in very high decibles.  Pure awesomeness.

It's times like this that make me love my family even more.  Just being us.  Letting our guards down and loving every minute together as a family.

As the kids are getting older and Chris is working so much (so I don't have to), it's very rare that we get these moments together.  But when we do, it is always worth the wait.

0 comments: