Monday, May 18, 2009

To Alex on His Birthday...

To My Dear, Sweet Baby Boy:

My gosh, how quickly these five years have gone. It seems like only yesterday that I was holding my squishy, little baby. You were the biggest of the bunch weighing in at 8lbs and 14 ounces. From the moment you were born, I knew you’d be mama’s boy….but in a good way.

Through those first few months, I was in awe by you. Your sister, Grace, couldn’t get enough of her baby brother and was anxious for you to be able to play with her. When you started walking shortly before your first birthday, daddy and I knew we were in for some crazy experiences. You were all boy when you wanted to be. From the wall colorings, to the food explosions and the boy toys all throughout the house, you made your mark on our world.

I’m constantly amazed by your cleverness, perception and tenacity. You are a boy who knows what he wants and will use your wit, your smile and your charm to get it. My heart melts when you hug me. As you grow up, I hope that you maintain that cuddle monster inside of you. Holding you in my arms as you hold me back is one of those priceless moments. You have a heart of gold and are truly a generous, respectful young man.

On your fifth birthday, you make the step from toddler-hood to boy-hood.
 
Happy 5th Birthday

Happy 5th Birthday

Mario Kart is no longer just a game but a mission. No more training wheels on your bike as you are determined to ride with the big boys. You are reading more words everyday, and you can’t wait to read like your older sister.

You treat your baby sister, Eva, like a princess and an equal all at once. She looks up to you and mimics your every move. Your undying love for her is returned full fold by her undying love for you.

My little man, these five years have been the most trying, most delightful, most heart-wrenching and the most incredible experience of my life. And today, on your birthday, I thank God for blessing me with you.

Love, Mom

0 comments: