Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Year! New Life!

Ahh...a new year! I'm not really sure why the start of a new year gets me all razzed up. Especially since I've spent the good portion of the day loafing around in my pjs. There is still something that gets my blood pumping about it. I've always looked forward to the opportunities to start anew. And as it is the first day of 2008, what better time to do that. This year I've resolved to not make any big resolutions. Instead I'm working on a list of twelve things to complete this year. One for every month. I'm not so much looking to make any huge, life altering changes, but more on a road to rediscovery. The grieving process of my divorce took away a huge chunk of last year. This year, I want to focus on myself and my children. What is it that I love? When am I the happiest? What scares the bejeebies out of me? What do I really need to do that I haven't done yet? How do I get back to my core?

The list that I've designed is a compilation of all the answers to those questions. And by breaking it down month by month, it doesn't feel so darn overwhelming. Plus, if planned strategically, the crappy, scary stuff that I've been putting off can lie in between the fun, happy stuff. That way I have something to look forward to. Sounds to me like a fool proof plan. Now I just have to decide where to start....Ugh...must get the awful stuff out of the way first.

LAUNDRY!

At least I have the whole month to finish it....

0 comments: