Friday, October 27, 2006

Go Crazy Folks, GO CRAZY!

For the first time in twenty-four years the Cardinals have taken it to the house. ALL THE WAY! I was three years old the last time the Cards won a World Series. Honestly, I remember it pretty much as I do now. Although, I was there on my couch rooting on my hometeam when they clinched the World Championship in Game 5 at the BRAND SPANKING NEW BUSCH STADIUM surrounded by the Best Sports Fans, I was in a medicated induced state in which everything felt so surreal. Did that just really happen? Did we ACTUALLY win the World Series?

I don't know if it was because of the medication and illness (stomach flu that my already worn down body is just not handling well--Think FOG! That's how my head feels and my thoughts being processed) or just the pure excitement of the result of game 5, but I cried. I gave high-fives to my hubby and Grace (who stayed up to watch the game mainly because I was just too tired to ask her to go to bed. Plus, she just witnessed history). I listened to the after-game interviews and could not help but feel touched by the appreciation each person had for their teammates, league, managers, owners and the FANS! Not one person was arrogant enough to think that HE accomplished this alone.

I LOVE THE CARDINALS!

Way to go! Too bad, I'll have to read the paper tomorrow to really remember any of this!

0 comments: