Tuesday, September 19, 2006

On the Road AGAIN!

Well, my travel season is officially underway. In case you couldn't tell by the lack of postings, I have transformed into warp speed. I've been traveling so much and desperately trying to keep things together at Fort Rodriguez. Half the time I don't know what city I'm in or what day it is. It's been pure CRAZY! And this is just the beginning. Just writing that sent shivers down my spine. Now, don't get me wrong, I do like my job. I love the flexibility, the extended periods of time off, the extra time with the fam, and so on. I just haven't quite adjusted to the randomness of the hours that I'm working. Some mornings I leave at five. Others mornings its closer to ten before I drag my rear out of the house. Some days I'm home by three. Other days I won't pull in until after midnight. Some nights, I don't come home at all. I am only in week two. My prayer is that I start to adjust to the awkwardness of my schedule. My fear is that it will only get worse.

The good news, though, is that the insane schedule I've been keeping hasn't phased the kids or Chris one bit. Not one hair is out of place so to speak in the way they go about their days. On the nights that I'm gone, I don't think they even miss me. I should be grateful that they are so flexible and have AMAZING coping skills when things go amiss. But I'm not. I want them to miss me. I want them to realize how much I do.

Is that so wrong?

0 comments: