Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The Check-Up

Last week Eva had her six month check-up. It's hard to believe that my preshus little baby is already six months old. Half a year. On the other hand, though, it's hard to believe that she is only six months old. It seems like she's been a part of our family forever and unimaginable what our life would be like without her. Although she doesn't say much, fuss, whine or fret often, I can always feel her with me. She's the most content and most loved child on this planet. Her sister and brother cannot stop hugging, kissing or playing with her. I sometimes wonder if she really, truly understands just how blessed she is. And it seems as this thought passes me, I begin to wonder if I know how blessed I am. It's at those moments that I try to reflect on the wonderful gifts I have been given. I have the most loving husband. I could never ask for a better father to give my children. My children are my pride and joy. To look at them and think Chris and I created them out of the love we have for each other overwhelms me. Their beauty and innocence take my breath away. They are our one true miracle in life, times three.

The doctor proclaimed today that Eva is absolutely perfect, although I didn't need a doctor to tell me that. I see that in the little things she does on a daily basis. The way she smiles when I enter a room. The way she happily caresses Grace's hair (and the fact that Grace will let her even though she pulls it ninety-five percent of the time). The way she giggles when Alex tickles her. The way she reaches out for Chris to hold her. All of that tells me she's perfect.

Two teeth came in today which probably explains the slight fussiness she's been exhibiting over the past few weeks. She's the youngest of all three to break in teeth. I think its her way of saying I may be the youngest but I'll excel the fastest. Which in itself is hard to believe considering what GENIUSES both Grace and Alex already are. I know she could even surpass their intelligence. It both excites and scares me.

So, happy six months baby girl. I love you more than words can express. Thank you for blessing my life with your presence.

0 comments: