Friday, January 20, 2012

Little Chomper

Monday night at dinner Chris gave Layla an asparagus stalk.  I wasn't sure she was really ready for it, but nonetheless it would be entertaining to watch her.

Once she got it to her mouth, there was no turning back.  She used her too little teeth and chomped and smiled and chewed and ate it all up.


It then dawned on me that my little baby wasn't such a little baby anymore.  I was already overly impressed with her pureed food consumption, but now it was obvious she was ready for some real food.

Since then, she has eaten noodles and chicken and carrots and potatoes...in the whole food form (cut up, of course).

And she loves it.

Even though this is my fourth go around with a baby, they still never cease to amaze me.  I'm amazed at all the little accomplishments I have forgotten about until she up and does it.

Her tongue is in full action.  She watches very closely when anyone speaks.  I know it won't be long until her first word comes out.

In short, she's awesome. And I love her.

0 comments: