Friday, September 09, 2011

Happy Hour

Since school's back in session, my sister and I have started us a new tradition.

It's kind of a take on a college tradition I had.

FAC

That stands for Fridays After Class.

Our FAC's were mostly held at my apartment. 

At 4pm every Friday, we'd congregate in the living room.  With our margarita glasses full and held high, we'd toast to the end of another week.

But, my sister and I are not in school anymore.

Even though we hold our weekly meeting after the kids are out of school, FAC seemed too much like a college name for our event.

So, we were lame and just went with Happy Hour.

No bar.  No free appetizers.  No random people bothering us.

Instead, we've got flavored rum, pre-dinner snacks and our children bothering us.

Most of the time, though, they play really well together.

And we get a chance to have a cocktail or two.

Rehash the week.

Vent, laugh, cry and just be plain silly.

So, now, I have to get my work done.

Because in T-2.25 hours, it's time to get our "happy" on!

With this awesome girly.

Cheers!

2 comments:

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I always wanted a sister! That's a great photo of you both! I love how you get together an hash out the week--perfect. :)

LA Botchar said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is such a great idea! My sister lives too far away for us to do this...but I should think up some Friday night ritual that helps me look forward to the weekend. The kids do movie/pizza...no reason I get find a gal pal and do wine and cheese!