Sunday, October 31, 2010

Mystery Inc.

Back in August at a good ole fashioned family barbeque, Alex and I were chatting away as we were lounging on the patio.  Somehow, the topic turned to Halloween.

 (And when I say "somehow" I mean I asked, "What should we be for Halloween?")

 I know...it was August.  But seriously.  You have no idea how much mental energy I expend agonizing over the perfect Halloween costumes.  Halloween is a BIG deal for me.

 For as many Halloweens as I can remember as a kid, our costumes were family themed.  Family and friends and neighbors eagerly anticipated Halloween because of us!  We were who people were talking about. 

"Did you see the Poelker family tonight?"

"How about those costumes of AWESOMNESS!" 

"What a creative bunch!"

(Okay, maybe there weren't saying exactly that).

Anyway, our family was anything from candy bars to holidays to a box of crayons, and I loved every second of it.  I want my kids to have that.

Hence my anxiety over costume selection and why I start thinking about it in August.

So, somehow, the topic of Halloween came up.

Quietly, Alex contemplated.  After much careful thought he said, "Scooby-Doo?" 

"Five family members, five in the gang. We have a van, they have a mystery machine,"  Alex reasoned. "It will work perfectly!"

And it did.





Happy Halloween!

0 comments: