Monday, January 04, 2010

The Holidays are over....Now What?

So it's 2010. Yippee?!?! Ugh.  I always have high hopes for the new year, but if today is any indication of how it's going to go, I'd rather just stay in bed. 

After a two-week vacation, the kids returned to school and I to work.  I wasn't really excited about the work thing.  Recently, I just can't seem to find the passion I need to be successful in my job.  But, regardless, I had to go back.  I took some time yesterday in between folding laundry and watching the football game to review work material and get myself into the right frame of mind.  I was starting to feel like I had things under control and knowing how important it is for me to have a successful January, for first time in months I felt like I could do it.  Sure it would take a lot of hard work....or I guess let me rephrase that....it would take work.  I can't really say that I've put much effort into my work for the past two months which is why the next two are so critical.  After preparing for the morning and tucking the kids into bed, I decided to turn in early to put my best foot forward in the morning.  Around 11:30pm, Grace came into our room complaining she couldn't fall back to sleep.  At that same time, I developed an awful pain in my stomach.  Heartburn, Nausea, Sour Stomach....oh misery.  I chugged some Pepto-Bismal and Grace and I both attempted to get back to sleep.  Every hour, I work up feeling worse and worse.  I threw up several times through out the night but was determined to get to work the next day.  After taking the kids to school and pulling over to dry-heave once again, I realized work just wasn't going to happen.  I climbed back into bed and tried to get some sleep.  By the afternoon, I just couldn't sleep anymore but my stomach was still killing me.  I attempted to do some work from the comforts of my bed in order to be better prepared tomorrow.  As I sit here this evening, my stomach still doesn't feel right.  I'm moody and crabby and irritable....and on top of that stressed out about missing work today.

My hope and prayer is to get some decent sleep tonight and hit the ground running in the morning.  Regardless of how I feel, I HAVE TO be at work tomorrow.  Lord, give me the strength and health to do it.

0 comments: