Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Simple Things

One of the greatest things about being single again is the ability to do what I want to do when I want to do it. I know that sounds incredibly selfish, but after spending 10 years devoting every second of my life to someone else’s schedule; it’s invigorating to actual get some time to myself. This weekend has been one of those weekends. The kids and I moved through our day at a pace that is uncommon is our house…S L O W. I took the time to just enjoy the moment. Every corner I turned I was reminded of all the chores I should be doing. The dishes piled up in the sink, the mail spread across the table, the laundry strewn all over the floor….but none of that really mattered. I know it needs to be done; I just didn’t want to do it. And because I could, I didn’t. All of it will be there tomorrow. I won’t get today back. I might as well enjoy it while it lasts. As we all cuddled on the couch sipping our hot chocolate listening to the crackling of the fire and watching snow fall, I realized how lucky I am. My marriage may not have worked out the way I hoped, but, gosh, my life is good.

0 comments: