Thursday, October 12, 2006

Shopping Extravaganza

I love to shop. What woman doesn't, really? What I hate about shopping is that I don't have an endless supply of money. I don't consider myself materialistic, but I love new, trendy, practical, quality stuff. What I lovelovelove about shopping is SALES! If it's on sale, I can't help but buy. I'm a sucker for a bargain and pride myself on saving a few bucks. I don't typically buy name brand things because a)I can't afford them and b)off-brands are usually just as good. But, if I can buy name brands at the same cost as the not name brand, then why not.

That's why I love the outlet mall. The Lake of the Ozark has one of the best outlet malls I've ever experienced. Today, we had a three hour break between college fairs. The schools were only twenty minutes apart which left me two full hours of shopping (because I am petrified of being late so I allow an hour travel time). Sans children.

Oh, and MAN did I do some SUPER SPEED shopping. I made purchases at the Gap, the Baby Gap, The Children's Place and so many more stores that my fingers would get tired trying to type them all. Mainly I purchased for the kids, my nieces and nephew. For Christmas. Or at least that was my justification. I know the gifts for my nieces and nephews will be for Christmas. I don't know if I can hold off on giving my kids the adorable clothes I bought for them. They are just so cute, darn-it, and I love playing dress up with the kids.

However, I can't rationalize giving them practically a whole new wardrobe just because. So, as hard as it may be, I MUST WAIT UNTIL CHRISTMAS.

Of course, I managed to snag a few items for myself which WILL NOT be saved. I WILL wear one of the outfits tomorrow. I deserve some reward for being such an AWESOME wife, mother, employee and bargain shopper.

Yes, I have buyers remorse. But, I've officially began my Christmas shopping. And saved money out the wazoo. Yea!

0 comments: