Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Ways of the World...Or How We See It

I can barely keep my eyes open today. Chris and I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning discussing an array of topics. We philosophized on what was wrong with the world, and how we can fix it. We brainstormed a new business opportunity that in the context of our conversation would provide us with financial freedom, exceed the educational standards for our children and solve all the problems of the world as we see them. I think that one came to us after our second Rum and Coke, but still. Today, though, reflecting back on our conversation, I still think we may have stumbled on a revolutionary idea. It's one that I don't want to forget about and wish twenty-years from now that we would have done something about it. We both realize that this idea isn't going to transform us into millionaires and Nobel Peace Prize winners overnight, but something that could transform the future of education---if executed properly. We are in the beginning stages of developing our plan. I'm researching the internet. My problem is that I can't tell what is fact and what is some random janitor's opinion. But I will keep forging ahead.

I really enjoyed our conversation last night. Although, I'm paying for it today. It was nice to talk with Chris, my husband and my best friend, and both be on the same page. It's been awhile since our goals and aspirations were in sync. I would think one thing, and he would think the complete opposite. Then we'd switch. Maybe our cosmic energies are aligned. Or maybe we are coming to see the future not just for ourselves but for our children. Maybe the older we get the wiser we do actual get. Maybe it is just pure coincidence. Whatever it is, I like it. I hope it stays this way for a long time.

0 comments: