Monday, July 03, 2006

About Me

Hi, I'm Renee. I'm a young wife and mother of 3 kids under the age of six. Being a wife and mom are my defining roles in life. It's the one job that gets me out of bed in the morning. Literally. Alex is up BEFORE the roosters crow. If I don't get up, he'll reck havoc on the homefront. I'm talking sugar on the counters, chocolate syrup ingrained in the carpet, my makeup used as body paint. I'm not kidding. I know this from experience. Out of all the kids, Alex is definitely the calamity. He is one hundred percent boy and one hundred percent two. That's like two bazillionith percent trouble. Chris is actually the only one that can reason with him. Chris is an amazing man. Without him, I would be certifiably insane. Plus, he's got a killer smile. The girls, though, are angels. GO GIRL POWER! Our oldest and definitely-considers-herself-wisest, Grace, is 6 going on 16. She's so full of sass that I'm beginning to wonder if there are really any vital organs in there. Eva (pronounced Ava---that's a whole other story) is at the precious age of 4 months. She can't move, can't talk, can't eat real food but can melt hearts when she smiles. She can also clear a room when she poops. Now that takes skillz! She's absolutely perfect in every way. They all are. Really. I am blessed to have the most adorable and brilliant children alive ON THE PLANET. I'm their mom. It's my right to say that .

Although this job is my one true love in life, it is not conclusive of who I am. I have a full-time position outside of the home in which I journey to a plethora of high schools (some near, some far) to banter teenagers on the essentials of higher education. I venture out west of St. Louis to the most remote areas of the state and spend umpteen hours alone in my car with my thoughts. Scary, I know. Through the years I've realized life is what you make of it. What matters is not so much my place in the world but how I make the world a better place. And to me, I feel like I'm doing my part, however minute it may be in the grand scheme of things. Regardless of where I am working, and as a mom I AM ALWAYS WORKING, it is the quality of the effort I bestow that reaps the largest rewards.

0 comments: